CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's ALIVE!

I planted my sweet little pots of hope, er, vegetables on Wednesday. March 3rd.

Last night I came home a little worn out, a little tired. I had worked all day, dealt with my Cold, picked up 2 children, taken one to get her hair cut and was worn out when I came home at 7:30pm after leaving the house at 6:50am.

As my husband pulled out of the oven the best dinner I had ever tasted (one I didn't have to cook!) I noticed a slight flourish of green in one of my pots.

After eating my meal I went to investigate. Was it mold? Was it dropped foliage from the barely hanging on other green plant in the window?


Nope. It's the sprout of a CUCUMBER!

I know the picture is awful. It's because I was so excited I was jumping up and down. Which is good for excitement, bad for photo taking.

I then carefully checked out ALL the other pots and it appears that the peas, both pots, are on the verge of a breakthrough. The other cucumber, not so much. And neither of the peppers have made an appearance yet.

BUT I HAVE SPROUTED A CUCUMBER.

That's just about as good as hearing them shout "It's a boy!" or "It's a girl!".

0 comments:

Post a Comment