CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Breakfast Cookies

Last Friday my 4 year old looked at me and sighed while we were leaving the house.

She said, "I wish we still had breakfast cookies."

My response?

"Me too."

Now, I realize to those of you who don't know me, it might sound like I'm a genius who created breakfast cookies that are healthy and nutritious and give them to my children under the guise of "cookies". I can imagine that they would have oatmeal and fruit of some kind, possibly cranberries or dried cherries or bananas and oatmeal.

But you would be wrong.

No my friends, my breakfast cookies are plain old chocolate chip cookies. I didn't even mix them, they came out of a plastic tub.

A few weeks ago I decided we should have cookies and so every night while I was making dinner I made chocolate chip cookies. I would use the cookies to entice my exhausted 4 year old to get in the car and come to preschool with the promise of a "breakfast" cookie. Because even she knew that normal cookies are not for breakfast.

Fast forward to last week and we are out of pre-made cookies and I had been enticing her with other things, like bananas and her OWN.WATER.BOTTLE. But Friday, she was wishing for the breakfast cookies.

I know, I know, bad mommy. Cookies aren't for breakfast.

Except when they are.

I'll be making breakfast cookies tonight after dinner. Yeah it's wrong but she'll get out of bed 5 minutes faster knowing there is a cookie waiting for her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment