CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Pinata Fairy

I have no problem lying to my children.

Examples:

Santa Claus. The Tooth Fairy. Eat that, it will make you grow bigger. You get the idea.

My newest one though is the one I'm most proud of. My latest lie is....

The Pinata Fairy.

The Pinata Fairy is a VERY special fairy. She comes to visit children who aren't culturally inclined to jump into a pile of 12 other children, ages 2-16 and fight for strawberry flavored wrapped candies and leaves tootsie rolls under their pillows. FLAVORED tooties rolls.

The neighbors have a birthday party seemingly every other weekend and Lizzie is always there, hanging out with the kids. I don't go because, well, we aren't actually invited, Lizzie just ends up there with her best friend Leslie and the various other friends over there. But today, well, there was a pinata. A pinata with candy.

Lizzie had never actually SEEN a pinata and did not know that it was acceptable to beat other children and fight for the candy that falls out of it after beating the paper mache animal blindly with a stick.

So she came home in tears because she was only able to get about 3 pieces of candy and the other kids got more and laughed at her because she didn't know what to do.

Enter me and the secret of the Pinata Fairy.

And later, a 10:30pm run to the nearest 7-11 to get the flavored tootsie rolls of magic.

I just hope she shares the cherry ones with me. Those are my favorite.

Micah just shook his head when I told him about the Pinata Fairy. He apparently never came up short on the candy from those things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment