CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Micah's grandfather Raul passed away Sept. 23rd, 2006.

He was husband to Jenny, father to Michael, grandfather to Micah and Andy.

We went to visit him today, for he and I have never been introduced and he has never met his great grandson.

Jenny was stuck in a loop about her Uncle Joe (Joe Martinez) who was the first American of Hispanic descent to be awarded a Medal of Honor. He led an advance on the Aleutian Island of Attu, interestingly enough. She was focused on that today and not on visiting her husbands gravestone but we took her none the less.

*as a side note, both of my grandfather's, Doyle and Linenschmidt, also fought in WWII but we did not visit them today since neither is buried anywhere near Colorado.






This one is my favorite, I'm not going to lie. I love to composition and also, he loves his thumb.

I'm named after my great-grandfather? WHAT?

0 comments:

Post a Comment