CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Nana's visit

Recently we had Nana come to visit. Honestly, it was great. It went spectacularly. It went so well it made me offer to give her my blog address which in turn makes me wanna take back the stuff I said about us not liking each other. But that would be lying because at the time I wrote that I really believed that about us. And honestly, sometimes that dynamic may always be there.


But Lulu got to spend 2 nights at Nana's hotel room. She got to eat breakfast and play and have Nana's attention (and help with homework). Kylie got to spend time also talking about her friends, school and all of her teenaged angst. In person. Nana took the girls to a Rockie's baseball game, to a couple of IMAX movies and took Kylie and a friend to Buffalo Bill's grave. They shopped, they played and they had a good time.


I got to spend a little time with Nana and got to essentially tell her things about my divorce that I hadn't really shared before. Things about what my former in-laws had said. Reasons for the divorce. Nana is truly one of the only people in my life that knows my ex as long as I have. She remembers him coming to our house when I was about 13. She's known him and all of the good and bad that he and I went through in our marriage.


She referred to him as my Starter Husband. She referred to Micah as my Trophy Husband. I couldn't be prouder.

I asked Nana when she would come to visit again. She said maybe for Easter. She wants to meet the new baby. But he's coming at a crummy time. You know, where there is snow on the ground. She already lives in Alaska. If she wanted snow she'd stay there. That's valid.

I wish I had pictures of Nana and kids but I just didn't pull that together. So much for The Book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment