CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Colony

Last night Micah and I sat down to watch a DVR'd show or two titled "The Colony".

It's a Discovery Channel show and according to the Wikipedia page: "Ten volunteers enter an experimental post-catastrophe world to see if they can survive and rebuild after a global disaster. Cordoned off in a downtown Los Angeles warehouse with no electricity from the grid, no running water, and no communication with the outside world, they must secure shelter, filter water, and defend their new home from thieves. "

We watched three episodes and I suspect we'll watch at least 1 or 2 tonight more. There are only 10 episodes I think so it's a short series.

Of course it's 10 people with a camera crew following them around but Micah and I had a lot of discussion watching this show and our thoughts on a post-apocalyptic world and how we would survive and here is what we came up with.

I sure hope Rex is coming with us. Rex is Micah's stepfather and has been for 18+ years. That man can do anything with his hands and if The Colony is any indication we sure hope he's around. Otherwise, Micah and I are going to die.

Of course my Uncle John would be an excellent choice too since he is very much like Rex and can pretty much do anything. But John lives in Minnesota so we are going with our Colorado family on this one.

Also, Micah's mother can plant and grown just about anything. And Rex grew vegetables this summer in their back yard. His tomatoes looked lovely last time I saw them. So basically, we need Micah's mom and dad to survive and want to be with us. Because HR and IT aren't really serviceable skills if we get trapped and most of the world dies out.

Then I remembered that Micah worked on tanks and stuff in the Army.He has mechanical experience. He also knows guns and how to shoot stuff incredibly accurately. So he brings some stuff to the table. So really it's just me that's fluff.

To my defense, I do know how to kiss boo boos and give very good kisshugs every night. I also apparently gestate well all things considered. But yeah, for the immediate needs of our Colony, I'm fluff.

That's sad. I need a really cool skill like building a generator to re-energize car batteries or building a gasonator or something like that. My priorities would be something more like food and shelter and less worry about getting power. Watching the things those people were making last night just floored me and made me realize how utterly useless I am in the grand scheme of reality TV.

0 comments:

Post a Comment