CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 4, 2009

The Box Tops Mole

For those who don't know, I'm the Box Tops Coordinator for our local elementary school. What that means is that I send out flyer's and put the boxes in the classrooms and collect and count the box tops after a certain time frame. I run contests, about 3 a year and the class with the most box tops wins a treat party. Usually ice cream sandwiches.



Box tops look like this:



And can be found on products from General Mills and can be found on anything from cereal to Kleenex. They are worth 10 cents a piece and believe me, that adds up when you have 400 kids competing for an ice cream party.

In my old life I used to collect these for the school in a plastic baggie (okay I still do that) in a drawer in my kitchen. Whenever Brian was looking for something he would look in the drawer and complain about them taking up so much space and be loud. He hated them. I'm not sure why.

The other day I caught Micah cutting box tops off of our Ziploc baggie boxes. I asked him what he was doing and he told me he was looking for box tops so I wouldn't forget them. He had about 4 in a pile on the counter.

He then proceeded to tell me that he had gone all around his office that day and looked at every one's Kleenex boxes for the box top label at the bottom and he had one for me. His office is huge.

I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with a man that will check his co-workers snot rags for box top labels. If that doesn't say family, well, I don't know what does.

*as a note, I sent in a bag 2 weeks ago with 30 box tops in it. Next Monday I'll have a bag of another 30 at least (Depending on if Micah searches the rehabilitation center his Grandmother is in for the short term today) . We don't really buy anything special but you would be amazed at where you can find some of these things.

**another side note. I'm predicting a Kindergarten win for the box tops contest this fall. Just sayin'. With a Stepdad like Micah on the case, how could she lose?

0 comments:

Post a Comment