CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 21, 2009

A post about the older child

I realize I don't post a lot about my older child and for that I apologize in advance. She just doesn't do as many cute things as the younger one and Nacho. Her daily antics involve me reminding her to take her pill and making sure she's still breathing when she's in bed at 6pm at night. Neither of those things are very funny.

But this post is about her, none the less.

May 20th was the last day of school for our kids. Why it ended on a Monday baffles me but still, it did and she is done. Despite a rocky start to the year and an especially rocky start to her fourth quarter she managed to pull out some pretty amazing grades.

4 A's, 1 B, 1 C.

The A's were in Language Arts, Social Studies, Science and Teachers Aid. The B is in Math and the C is in Gym.

She was marked down every week for not wearing gym shoes and whenever I offered to buy her gym shoes she declined and told me she would just wear my shoes. But never did. Probably because my gym shoes stink. Literally.

I'm proud of her. I know this year wasn't her favorite and she really pulled it out at the end. When it really mattered.

Now we wait. 2.5 weeks until she leaves for a 2 week camping trip. Until then I anticipate a lot of "Crack of Noon" wakeup calls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment