CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Going Green

As mentioned before on this blog, my oldest child decided on green hair for herself. It was a reward for her good job at the end of the year. Interestingly enough, she also chose neon green rubber bands for her braces that were changed yesterday. I'm not sure what the significance of neon green is right now but honestly, as long as it's not black I'm a happy girl.



Note the genuine smile, the green hair and clean clothes.

There are certainly days where I completely understand my mother's jokes about teenagers, more that I care to admit. I have days where I catch myself sounding just like my mother but more often than not I catch myself sounding like an 80 year old angry grandma shaking her cane and yelling about "kids these days with their green hair and piercings all over". (For the record Kylie has no piercings)

Lizzie asked, once she saw her sisters hair, if she could have green hair too. I told her when she was 13 she could. Inside I'm praying that she forgets the whole thing before she ever gets there.

Now, maybe I should consider dying my own hair again. Maybe violet would be a lovely shade for summer.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment