CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 18, 2009

Maternity Shopping

So this weekend I finally decided to take the bull by the horns and get some maternity clothes. I still have a few from my last pregnancy but I sold quite a bit and honestly, I was sick of my stuff then, I'm still sick of it now. I had 3 pairs of pants that sorta fit and 5 shirts.

So Saturday evening I wandered down to the small with Lulu and went to the Motherhood Maternity store.

My first question would be, why are those maternity stores the size of a cubicle? They are ridiculous in their tininess and thankfully I don't have a stroller to try and navigate but if I did I would never set foot in there. It's so filled with racks and shelves that there is no way a reasonable pregnant person with any kind of belly could make it through there.

My second question is - why do they have racks and racks of X-small maternity clothes and apparently don't carry the plus size maternity clothes in the actual store? Last time I checked something like 60% of America qualifies as obese. If have of those are women and let's be generous and say another half of are child bearing age you STILL have a really profitable reason to keep plus sized items in your store. Having 1 XL per item in there doesn't cut it either because that XL isn't going to get this obese person THROUGH a pregnancy, shoot, it barely fits now.

I was able to find 3 outfits that weren't going to cost $40 each (a price I refuse to pay for something I'm only going to get 6 months of wear out of) and walk out of there MOSTLY with my dignity intact (and a grumpy 4 year old).

I hate shopping.

0 comments:

Post a Comment