CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 15, 2009

It's offical


I'm really having a baby. Or I should say, WE are really having a baby.


My first Dr.'s appointment was yesterday and Micah came with me. My estimate was that I was due on November 29th and that I was 11 weeks pregnant. After having a chat with my nurse and my Dr the big moment came. She decided to try an internal ultrasound first. According to her if I am less than 10 weeks pregnant internal ultrasound is the way to go. If I'm more than 10 weeks pregnant I'll get the external ultrasound.


Now, an internal ultrasound doens't bother me. I've had them before. When I was trying to get pregnant with Lizzie I had them twice a month sometimes. So yeah, that isn't scary.


The moment she put it up there she said something along the lines of "Oh yeah. That's a big kiddo." and pulled the probe out. Thankfully.


She put the external ultrasound on my belly and within moments we could see our mover and shaker doing what appeared to be the Mexican Hat Dance on the screen. We got a wave as well but mostly we saw the body wiggle that baby was doing. After a little bit of time the Dr was able to get a measurement on the head and apparently I'm 14 weeks pregnant. Due date is November 12th. According to my Dr. though, you aren't considered overdue until week 43.


That.is.crap. I have no desire to go 43 weeks pregnant. Do you KNOW how bad being that pregnant is? No? It blows. Seriously. All you want to do is rest and you can't and you feel like you're the size of a house. It's not fun. But I have a long time before I have to worry about it so we'll cross that bridge then I suppose.
In the meantime enjoy that horrible ultrasound photo via my iPhone. It's the best I can do under the conditions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment