CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Our little garden

Okay so I know a secret that no one ever told me. I figured it out on my own. But it explains a LOT about my Grandma and my Aunts.

Gardening is addicting.

Sure, you start in Feb. one morning saying to yourself, "Maybe I'll grow a cucumber plant. And some jalapenos. And a sugar snap pea plant. Just for fun. To see if I can do it. In my kitchen window."

And the next thing you know you're 5 containers deep, plus 6 smaller terra cotta pots plotting circles of vegetables and delighting over buds on strawberry plants.

It started innocently.....

Oh look, strawberries!

This container contains a tripod of Sugar Snap Peas. In a circle outside of those is carrots followed by a circle of rosemary, chives and sage.


Not pictured are 2 blueberry containers next to the gazebo:


6 Terra cotta containers and an additional former whiskey barrel containing cucumber, yellow onions and hopefully some radishes.

I'm sure Micah is thinking "What happened to just a couple containers of jalapenos?"

Also not pictured:
The 4 tomato plants, 3 additional cucumber plants, 5 carrot seedlings, terra cotta full of radishes and prep pots for bell peppers I plan to start this weekend.

Oh and the raspberry bushes I plan to buy as well as the two apple trees.

Someone stop me......

Well those two are no help...

Kylie asks "What about potatoes mom?"

Oh, and I told you she wasn't a vampire! Look, shes in the sun, helping me garden, in a velvet and sheer shirt....

Whatever. Take what I can get I always say.

2 comments:

e&e

I love the tag for this post!
elisa

Anonymous

Lacy,
Do you have room to plant all of your wonderful vegies? I can't wait until you start to see the fruits of your labor!
Love, Aunt Connie

Post a Comment