CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Catching up

You know you've created a monster when your own husband starts asking for a new blog from you.

I would like to tell you that things have been boring and slow around here but I would be lying to you and you deserve better than that.

Little Will is already 3 weeks old. How did that happen? He still has a massive amount of hair and is a pretty content little guy. We jokingly call him the Milk Shark for his attempts at finding a nipple where ever he can. And okay, we put his hair into a little Mohawk looking thing too which helps with the "shark" reference.

He is by far my most alert baby and he seems to throw people off. He's generally awake when we are out and about during the day and so people assume he's months old. But he's small of course because he's three weeks old and so people stumble over their words when asking how old he is.
He seems to be taking it all in and thinking a lot.

We were lucky enough to have Grandma Linda here for a week. I know it must have been so boring for her but she truly was a life saver letting me nap during the day when possible and most importantly entertaining Lizzie before and after school for me. It's hard to get much done when you have someone connected to your chest all the time and Lizzie was pretty desperate for attention which Grandma Linda happily provided.

Speaking of Lizzie all goes well and right in her little world. Her class went to the Firefighter Museum last week in school and she had a blast. She continues to do well and please her teacher and is friends with almost everyone. She is of course in love with her baby brother and he seems to be okay with her holding him even when I feel nervous at his position on her lap.

Kylie seems to be thriving lately. She continues to rehearse for the school play "The Phantom of the Opry" (yes, you read that right, it's a spoof). She plays Felicity and has a song in the play. She also was accepted to Advanced Choir this last week and I believe that begins next year (in January). She recently came home with an Advanced ILP or Individualized Learning Plan from her Literacy teacher although it includes Math goals as well. It will allow Kylie some freedom in her school work and expectations but will keep her focused as well. It also allows for some bigger goals than she would normally have in school like reading "Origin of Species" for example.

The only hiccup we seem to have is that her relationship with Brian seems to be deteriorating at an alarming rate. Ky has requested that she not go over there anymore and I'm unsure as to how to handle it with Brian. I'm hoping for guidance in that area sooner rather than later.

Overall though we are thriving as a family and are ready for Christmas. I hope you and yours are too!

1 comments:

e&e

Hello, beautiful mother Lacy!

THANK YOU for the photo of Will. You do know I was going into withdrawal, right? I can imagine the awkward questions. Eric says he looks ten months old with all that hair. Wild!

I bet Aunt Linda was loving it there and not at all bored. That's awesome that she could come for a whole week. Good help after having a baby is heaven-sent, I believe. When she was at Connie's last spring when I was there, she was so helpful with my brood. I felt a little bad about needing her so much, but she later told someone it was a highlight to be helping with little kids. And when they are family, that's just icing on the cake.

I just with I was the one close enough to help out. You know, me and my three little kids.

We'll be praying for the "hiccup" situation.
elisa

Post a Comment